Our School Council
The School Council plays a vital role at Gorseybrigg and we involve all year groups in the process.
Two councillors from Y1 through to Y5, and six councillors from Y6 meet every four weeks (or more often if needed), to discuss and debate a range of issues and the agenda is set by both pupils and staff.
Our Reception and Nursery classes meet with their teachers and send their ideas and thoughts to these meetings. The Councillors also run occasional assemblies to share the decisions made with the whole school.
In 2017-18 these are some of the improvements our School Council worked on:-
- Updating the school values.
- Looking at reward systems in school and making decisions for 2018-19 rewards.
- Discussing ideas for a child-led behaviour code (including leading on an assembly).
- Ideas for the outdoor area which is currently being updated.
- Ideas for the new Library space, including fundraising ideas to buy books.
- Approving attendance awards, including a trophy.
- Deciding on the continuation of the visiting pantomime into school.
- Running a competition to update the entrance displays and picking a winner.
In Autumn Term 2018 we have elected a new group of pupils and look forward to hearing their ideas and improving our school further!