Healthy Minds and Bodies
Our School Improvement Plan recognises the importance of developing the whole child.
For this reason, we always include targets for emotional health and wellbeing, considering this a vital requirement in the development of the whole child. For this academic year, we have made this a key priority, as detailed below:-
Key Priority 2 – To consider the whole child, developing resilience, emotional health and wellbeing
- Develop a pastoral team capable of supporting pupils and families, enabling all staff to quickly identify where need is greatest.
- Introduce the new DCC PSHE Curriculum, ensuring that links are made to other aspects of EHWB across school.
- Develop an appropriate assessment system for measuring pupil EHWB, trialling this during the academic year and making any improvements needed.
- Improve the offer during social times, taking account of all pupils’ needs and preferences.
- Continue to embed the principles of Growth Mindset throughout school.
- Continue to embed the benefits of mindfulness and yoga as tools to improve mental health and fitness.
- Staff to work with all pupils to ensure that they can achieve their best by having a deep knowledge of all each child and supporting them in preparing for learning and life.
- Maintain and update rewards systems to ensure that pupils remain engaged and motivated.
- Ensure that pupils know how to keep themselves safe, and that families are able to support them more widely at home.
- Create a wider range of opportunities for pupils to expand their cultural awareness and experience beyond that of their local community.
- Work with Qualitas Sports Partnership to ensure that all pupils have access to opportunities to exercise and be part of a team, including pupils who are more resistant.
Our Mission Statement on EHWB is available here.
Please click here for a link to the Derbyshire 'Live Life Better' website.